Saturday, September 22, 2007

Scalzi wrist slapped

 Comment from bbartle3
9/22/07 9:23 AM | Permalink
The cult of thinness is sick, and,
I believe, the fashion industry has
taken steps to get real.  In the
photo, however, what's really wrong for fashion
is that the poor woman is not ideally
proportioned to be camera-ready;
see how she's trying to squeeze her
hips and legs to be more narrow? If
she were to stand military straight,
she'd look a ton too bottom heavy.
(I know, you're trying to send a
'You're perfect, Honey' to your wife, maybe.)

In the current AIR FRANCE TV commercial
the one with a fake swimming pool into
which the female model dives, then 'swims'
to the other end, the swimmer looks as
if she was just freed from Dachau. She
is hideous!  She can't dive, and can't swim;

The only remedy is DO NOT fly Air France.

Barry
The French, I'll guarrantee did NOT make
that commercial, GD Madison Ave made
that commercial.

PS: I think it is poor form that you (John Scalzi)
never acknowledge receipt of my
Comments on your Entries.

(Scalzi treats me as if I were a leper!

All I do is tell the truth! Shoot...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"(Scalzi treats me as if I were a leper! All I do is tell the truth! Shoot...)"

Oh, nonsense. I've responded to you a number of times when you've posted comments. Go back and look.

What I don't do is respond to you every single time or even probably a majority of the time, but in that you are no different than anyone else; I don't respond to *anyone* a majority of the time, either on my AOL Journal or on the other journals I maintain. If you expect a response every time, you are going to remain disappointed.

Please bear in mind that in addition to writing By The Way, I also maintain other paid and personal journals forums, write novels, write non-fiction books, write newspaper, magazine and online articles and answer e-mails. This doesn't count the amount of time I spend search the online world for interesting tidbits to post on BTW or, when I have time, wandering around online without an actual task at hand. And then, sometimes, just for fun, I'll step *away* from the computer and clean my house, take a shower, run errands, read a book or watch a movie, spend time with my family and friends, eat and occasionally even sleep.

There is a finite time for me to do all these things. In the grand scheme of things making sure your or anyone else feels adequately responded to when you post comments competes with all these others things I do.

I'm sorry you do not feel adequately responded to. Be that as it may, the level of response you are currently receiving is the level of response you are likely to continue to receive. It is, in fact, the level of response nearly everyone else receives as well.