Wednesday, September 5, 2007

AA Battery Recharging

To my puny hundred dollar digital camera I've amassed 12 AA rechargeable batteries and five chargers. One of the latter is to recharge in the car (seven seat Mazda van which has an 110V outlet). One nifty recharger claims to recharge in 2 hours. This one is the only one which specifies green light for "Ready" and red for "Charging." Another is the reverse! At Best Buy over the holiday weekend I stumbled upon a 2 GB camera card on sale for $19.95. In my toy camera that stores over 300 photos. Not sure what to do with my several times filled, and deleted other 2 GB camera card.   


The bee and the landscape snaps were taken quickly: the bee one in case it bit me, and the second taken thru' the windshild while stopped: didn't want to get hit from the rear. The white cloud is directly East from Griffith Park. It is a regular feature seen from LA, often many much bigger white clouds. They are formed when cold air from the ocean 25 miles away, moves inland to take the place of hot air from the desert rising. If you could throw a stone over that white cloud it might land 175 miles away near Las Vegas.


Digital is better than film. Pretty soon different, longer lasting batteries will go on sale, IMO.  When I look back at my film photos I flinch in disappointment. By comparison everything looks artificial on film. Never dreamed I'd say that.


Now I have to wait for Vincent, napping after school, first day back after summer holidays, to wake up and post my two blue photos.  


P.S.  The bee crashed the party at a bench under the trees in Griffith Park. Later the merry-go-round, the children's train, riding ponies, and later still, steaks et al at Sizzler. Nice happy holiday.


Barry




 


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It just looks like a cloud with piles to me............ Trust me, we Brits's know ALL about clouds. I suppose they are a bit of a novelty in LA! ;-)
Gaz