Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Marriage et al

" I don't follow why one has additional responsibilities if one enters a biracial marriage."   - Sheria

 

 

Thanks loads for your kind, patient, well thought-out observations.

 

When one gets married you first go to the marriage license

place to get virtual 'permission.'  Marriage is a public matter.

That's why, for example, same-sex marriage is such a hot button

social issue (I never use the word "issue" so plse overlook this

lapse, ha!) that is still fermenting in the body politic.

 

I am in a biracial marriage. I've posted photos to prove it.

One has to steel oneself for the inevitable protest. In my case

the biracial factor allows people to pontificate about the

unsuitability of the union, a ton of which BS I've had to endure.

Regardless of the age of my wife there would not have been one single murmur of criticism if my wife were Caucasian. The age difference acts as a cover behind which to be racist.

 

The truth is OJ married White trash.

 

            :  -  ]

 

Barry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really do understand your observation about the additonal responsibilities and I confess that on some subconscious level, I knew that you had a valid point, but it was a painful truth that I didn't want to acknowledge.--Sheria