Wednesday, September 26, 2007

No subject

Ever seen a rainbow that touched ground at both ends? I doubt that I have until the other day while driving half the length of the San Fernando Valley going East. My wife took photographs thru' the windshield. Later, I discovered that the gorgeous rainbow pictures had been taken with my tiny digital camera, the size of a pack of cigarettes, with the lens setting on macro and not normal focal length. Oddly the photos on the screen thingum at the back of the camera, tiny, makes some of the pictures look normal, but I've got my doubts. Oh well, it was the experience of seeing the rainbow that matters. Right?


Barry

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to see Rainbows ~ can't say I have ever seen one that touches the ground at both ends ~ Yes of course it is the experience of seeing the rainbow that counts ~I have yet to find that Pot of Gold at the end of my rainbows :o)  but I will still keep looking :o) ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that there seems to be fewer rainbows nowadays? Maybe I just remember my childhood through rainbow colored glasses, but it seemed that after every summer thunderstorm, we were rewarded with a rainbow. Now, when I'm lucky enough to see a rainbow, I pause and give it my full attention. --Sheria

Anonymous said...

< Have you noticed that there seems to be fewer rainbows nowadays? Maybe I just remember my childhood through rainbow colored glasses, but it seemed that after every summer thunderstorm, we were rewarded with a rainbow. Now, when I'm lucky enough to see a rainbow, I pause and give it my full attention. --Sheria >

    _________

You know, I think you're right.  I can't remember the last time
I saw a rainbow!  Could our air be too dirty? Too colorless?
This rainbow was so enormous and majestic a torrential
downpour a bit later dumped so much water on Griffith
Park, denuded by a forest fire, that sliding mud covered a
street full of parked automobiles. It was in a rich neighborhood,
so one cocky victim on the evening news grinned at the
news camera and said, "It's only a car."  (Not bad!) - Barry