Friday, May 27, 2005

On Strike

Ssomething is always fishy at AOL. I can't get a credible answer to why my visit counter keeps changing up or down. So I shut it off till I get an explanation. Do I make someone at AOL, possibly Journals Editor JohnMScalzi, nervous? What with his lecture about "Sarcasm." He says some of us are "Sarcastic." Well, that beats his being Little Mary Sunshine. He reads like the AOL News And Advertising opening window that's an insult to any adult sentient being.


I'm on strike. Please comment or email me. Thanks.


Barry


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scalzi is mainly a cheerleader.  That's his job.  For technical issues, you want to go to "Magic Smoke".  This entry in Magic Smoke deals with the counters: http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/271
I figure counters have little meaning anyway, since a lot of people (well, I, for one) just read the alert and rarely actually go to the journal, and reading the alert doesn't bump the counter.  
---Silk

Anonymous said...

Barry?...I am sending you something..I think you will like. You are free to use it in your journal. I am member of "the tag-lounge"...(graphics..sorta). now..I know how you feel about journals ...with all the "cute lil' pix"..but Barry..this says it all. My love..............kristlebleu & angels..