Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Preamble to The Last....

I'll start it off: I'll bet CRASH crashed in the South. It's a movie about race. Recently an acquaintance I'm fond of shocked me out of my skull by revealing, at least to me, that she's a racist through her refusal to find any merit whatsoever in the movie CRASH. Only with great difficulty do I restrain myself (a difficulty since overcome) from writing an essay about the Roman Legions being virtually the founders of modern Germany, and that the Nazi's borrowed Roman Legion symbols for their theatrics, for example at Nuremberg (sp?). And, what's hysterically funny about that, is that Roman Legions were made up of soldiers whose DNA was a result of gene flow across the Sahara into Italy. The Roman Legions, also, were charmed at the time of their occupation of England with the blond hair of the "Angels" (Hence 'England') and interbred with them. You remember, of course, Remains of the Day, Hmmmm? How chummy some wealthy Brits were with Industrial, expanding Germany?










Barry

No comments: