Thursday, July 26, 2007

Individuality vs Conforming


An operable VW mini-bus model circa 1960: Sons Patrick and Michael 


 



  Mark Andrew age nearly five months (April 8)


Even asleep Mark looks happy.


I had to choose between correct exposure taken from the other side, or, post the one with live figures included even though it's over-exposed.


 


So far this vehicle has five times succeeded in avoiding having its picture taken. I persist because I harbor a grudging respect for the homeless (I assume) owner who lives, I assume, in the vehicle while parked on city streets. He never seems to stay at any one location for more than about four of five days. I've seen him at six different locations. On the front there is a tiny garden, the statue of an angel, and in the rear left hand side his exhaust is an uprising sculpture. On top flies the American flag, large. Would such a mess have been allowed to exist on public street in a dictatorship? I have my doubts. In Russia? Nah. Germany, hell no. Mexico City: not even if the Mexican flag on top was humungous. London? I don't know. China, the owner would be put in prison for rehabititation.


I've yet to meet the owner. One of my sons saw the owner lying down inside wearing a brown blanket. The exterior decorations are more bold than they appear in this photo. The small garden, live not pictorial, on the front left bumper defies description.


That he is tolerated interests me more than the individual himself. Humans, especially the advantaged, in America, tend to sneer at the non-conformist. I thoroughly believe that the eccentric in England is respected far more than he is in America. Bravo Brits!!


Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark Andrew is adorable ~ and I love that VW ~ have never seen anything like it before ~ I do wish the owner happiness ~ It looks like he has all his worldly possessions on that van ~ I am glad he is tolerated and allowed to park and stay for a while ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I dont know anything about form and the right light for a pic,but I just popped in to say...AWWWWWWWW the babys so sweet,how beautiful,I love babies chubby legs and he looks so happy,awww Im all maternal now,bless you all zoe xxxxxxxxxxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

As long as the ower is happy, that's all that matter. You must be on top of the world, with kids like yours!
Gaz :-)

Anonymous said...

h