Sunday, July 8, 2007

Cur & Pasted Demurral

 


 I don't blog in order
to find agreement, I blog to express in
writing the impulse of the moment. That
is, in a novel or short story I'd practice
social practicality and confine "bigotry"
to the attributes of a character I had created.
If you require that I never offend you, then
please, do not read my semi-private blog, and just
read my fiction if an when it is published.
I do resent being charged with racism (which
has been stated) when I have
interracial children from an interracial marriage.
If, for example, anyone is totally fixated on being a militant African American I suggest they be more
clever: immitate MLK Jr. and find complete
naturalness in those not African Americans.
Lately I've not discussed African Americans:
I spoke only of "Native Americans".

In college, btw, Clyde Kluckhon an Anthropologist,
made a point of telling his class that as of 1953,
and for decades earlier, from a statistical POV,
the American African American population was
zero percent pure African Black.

Damn me as an anti-sentimentalist, not as a "bigot."

Barry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Racism can be seen in many forms. You have never come across as that to me.
Gaz