Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Housing (Where I lved)

Where I can remember living and/or  having been housed.


Hospital in Fresno,   CA


Ships, maybe ten in all.


College dorms: two


A lady's house


Servants quarters


My Grandmother's house in Narrabeen, Aust.


Three houses on two different sheep stations


165 West End Ave., NYC


942 Green St San Francisco (You could see Alcatraz)


25th Station Hospital, Taegu, Korea.


Hospital, Koje Do Island, South Korea.


Greenwhich Village NYC


Lower East Side, NYC


Off Santa Monica Blvd, LA


Guadalajara, Mex.


Puerto  Escondido, Oax., Mex.


Redondo Ave LA


Chapman St LA


Coronado St LA


Hmmmm, where else??  Left out a lot I'm sure.


 


I wouldn't mind settling down.  Someday. (LOL)


 


Barry


PS: While writing a thankyou to Ally


(don'tcha luv her?!)  for her kind Comment


I noticed I'd left out not one but two places,


ok places, where I'd lived with  (and conceived three


children with) wife #2.  How I must hate her!


This entry was written on the eve of moving into a domicile where we'd have two complete bathrooms each with sliding glass shower doors, also new for me. That felt peculiar hence looking into EVERYWHERE I'd ever lived.  (We'll be six!)


Another omission was an apartment on the Westside of Manhattan, a short walk from Central Park. Not too happy at that time which might explain why it got 'forgotten.' To slightly change the words of the Greek original, "The unexamined life was not worh having been lived.."  Ha ha ha  ha ha ha...


Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


 


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Barry you certainly have moved a lot in your lifetime ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

"If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?"

I'd probably follow Noel Coward's examle/
preference, and live in the caribbean oart
of the year, and perhaps London the rest of the year,
with side trips to mainland Europe.

Barry