Saturday, June 9, 2007

Any ol' thing

Re pix.


Okay, there's the short connecting 'wire' that came with the camera. One end goes into the camera, and the other into a slot on the computer tower.


So what do you do then? "Whistle up a wind"?


Oh, and about Red Eye.  How do you turn the damn thing OFF!? Why doesn't it turn off automatically when you select Flash Fill? Flash fill is one of my fav. settings. Flash is so weak from my toy (Polaroid - and most likely not THE Polaroid but an overseas, 'stolen' Polaroid trade name. In every photo studio in America at one time assistants were forever tearing off the back/front? of the Polaroid shot to see if the lighting was as per demanded by the ad agency; being able to show the polaroid to the client, I guess, was like protection) camera that the flash actually restores pleasing color without looking lke flash. [Oh, and btw, there was never, ever, anything polaroid in the studio or on location with Avedon's assistants. I believe they spurned any such crutch; they KNEW without that crutch.]


Do the expensive digital cameras have batteries other than rechargable AA batteries?


Digital has killed the darkroom I guess. Many a tear has dropped I bet.


I've noticed a huge variation in sharpness in digital photos taken with the very same equipment. So the processing machine is the darkroom. It must be.


I have six, so far, rechargeable nicad AA batteres. They take forever to recharge. And they get hot, which is scary. Some rechargers are green light to charge, and others are red light to charge. Couldn't they make an agreement one way or the other?


Digital is in shakedown. Film looks good again. But, my Leica is water damaged, and three other cameras will operate ONLY via the trigger of self-timer?!  Ha ha ha ha ha. The achilles heel of cameras with plastic parts is the button you push to take the pcture!  Groan.


Any help or suggstion will be greatly appreciated. But please, don't send me a digital Leica. I'd feel ashamed for begging.


Barry


 


 


 


 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now just keep calm ok? lolol, did your camera cme with a disc? If it did you need to pt it in your disc slot and download the information onot the hard drive. If it didn't, when you connect you camera via the 'wire' it should say detected new hardware, this will then bring up a screen and ask you if you want to save, or print your pictures.
See how that goes then let me know ok?
Gaz

Anonymous said...

Thanks loads Gaz. Cameras I know a little something
about, computers, nada, zip, and don't really want
to know anyhing about them.  In science, and manufacturing
and as a typewriter,  have a place, but otherwise I can't
find any benefit in computers, none.

Writing letters for example, is a time honored benefit to
humaniy, and so I love the United States Postal Service,
but personal communication via computer seems to me
too full of torture, sadsm, and zillions of examples of
weird attempts at domination, defamation, and entrapment.

I just woke up thinkng it was Sunday when it's only Saturday.
In short, I haven't really woken  yet, ha ha ha ha ha ha h ahhhhhh...

Barry