Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I Dunno, ennui? anger? indigestion?

What on earth has happened to the AOL (and other) Journals? Some are undated. True there's a date hidden away on the side, but not showing in the main part of the entry. LillySweetChops has virtually vanished after a mysterious, and not up to her usual level of writing skill, exit speech. I can't escape a fantasy of her husband, armed, dictating every word of her 'Resignation.' Jimmy, who regularly gets 4,769 responses to every entry is in a deep funk, and someone interesting and amusing has decided she's really a philosopher, not a friendly blogger. Then there's those who fled from advertising and now when I click on their new site I get a full screen message saying, "Page Not Found" followed by being given the finger.  Oh well, I'll just talk to myself for a bit. Those who fled apparently don't understand how truly idiotic is their pose of specialness. I give up on the refugees, but appeal to the rest to stick it out till things shake down.


 


Barry

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can count on that Barry ~ I have no intention of moving anywhere lol ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ally, I hoped you'd agree.
- Barry

Anonymous said...

I'm staying put on AOL; decided to with all the fiasco a few months ago. I've found it hard to stay up on journals I followed once they went to blogspot or other places. So I dropped some and then picked up some other AOL journals. So all in all, I'm happy to be here and happy to be reading who I choose to read :)

hope you are doing well

betty

Anonymous said...

"hope you are doing well"

betty

All's well pretty much: I just like, or need,
to huff and puff every once in a while. Thanks!

Barry

Anonymous said...

Very strange......I would agree.  Many have gone private too.  What to do?  Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Keep with it, Barry! I still don't have a journal, probably never will, but love to keep up with you and several others I have "on alert". Lazy person's way of doing it, I guess. Fascinating to see over the past year, the drop outs, and those who have returned. You and I have agreed that mankind is indeed a capritious life form.

(By the way, I still like BrokeBack Mountain's cinematography. Makes me a little homesick). Still waiting for your critique of my favorite, "Good Night and Good Luck". What did you think about it?

Anonymous said...

> "Still waiting for your critique of my favorite,
"Good Night and Good Luck"." >

I'm very much looking forward to seeing that
movie. There are several factors spurring my
curiosity and interest: The reference to the period
and Roy Cohn in particular in 'Angels..', Lillian
Hellman's 'Scoundrel Time,' and the pain suffered
by Elia Kazan for his having agreed to testify and
name names.  In one of her books Lillian Hellman
specifically attacks, and quotes a private conversatio
with Elia Kazan. I LOVE Elia Kazan, and I don't care
if he killed his cousin's cat.

Barry