Sunday, March 26, 2006

Armed, & In Armor

Well, the title of this entry is a little savage: but that's how I was about to characterize many bloggers in these here parts.


Here's a list of sources of my willingness to tell one on myself. What immediately brought this on is that a notorious troll, quite possibly a very longtime AOL employee, or just a hanger-on in the company of a male lover who's an AOL employee, has asked all Members to call the authorities about my allegedly being the source of my son's eyebrow injury, the subject of my entry yesterday or the day before. Even after the passage of ten years I know absolutely nothing about the actual individual who carries the name of the troll, his screen name. The last time I tried to complain, here, and gave the screen name, about this individual, my entry was expunged, with no notice that it was being taken down. Mr Scalzi, Our Editor, showed total indifference.


Here are the sources which collectively have allowed me to 'tell one on myself,' something, btw, which in my opinion is imperative for the writing of fiction, at least the kind of fiction I admire the most. Eugene O'Neill, the subject of a Ric Burns documentary to be aired Tomorrow evening on PBS, will explain, I hope, just how the playwright dealt with his need to subject his own life to public scrutiny.


1. The US Army


2. Therapy


3. Catholic Confession, the Sacrament.


4. Acting classes with Uta Hagen, Stella Adler, The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Lee Strasberg, being an Observer at the Actors Studio, teaching sense memory at American Theater Arts, LA.


5. The est Training 1982


6. Assisting (staff) at The Forum 1994


7. A lifetime of writing letters.


8. Always associating, whenever possible, with others who need, or just want, to reveal their inner feelings, dreams, hopes, aspirations, defeats, and pain.


9. Reading, and reading about, Sigmund Freud


10. Studying language and writing.


Posting this entry should be on this list too, but I'm not sure how to explain that. Self-revelation is it's own reward I guess. One feels better about oneself after having done so. It's sort of in the domain of, 'Gee if that's the worst, or most troubling things about myself, then I must deal with whatever I have pretty well, at least so far.'


Barry


 


 


 


                     


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one asked me to call the authorities on you about your son's accident. Not sure what you are talking about here, but do hope one day you find who your troll is.

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks Betty but it wouldn't do any good
until AOL revives TOS, beginning with taking
adminstering Terms of Service (TOS) away from
AOL India, and/or other countries: South Africa,
and Argentina, and places it in the hands of
Americans with excelent American English.
Executives in India may, for all I know, have
gone to Oxford or Cambridge, but the job
requires an intimate knowledge of American
vernacular, and commonly used colloquialisms.

Barry

Anonymous said...

OK, Teacher, and I mean that most  respectifully, what is a Troll?? Sounds as if not good person, place or thing!

Anonymous said...

I'll probably post, right here, the
definition I emailed you. Thanks again.

Barry