Friday, August 3, 2007

GETTING TO KNOW YOU




 


Truly, I don't want to inflict these family snaps on all of Blogsville, just a few indulgent friends who have been so helpful to me offering good cheer and the privilege of being able to have a peek into their lives.


First I must acknowledge son Vincent, age 12, for doing all the clicking to get these pix onscreen. I've had a computer since 1996 but I barely know how to operate the beast. Also, Vincent took the shot of myself and his mother. (Shhh, Elsa was adamant, "No Photos Online" but a few kind friends here were so sweet about my showing Baby Pix her heart melted. Abruptly, out of the blue, she changed her mind. Not so Vincent: he's adamant. We'll negotiate.)


Michael, the child playing ape, or sumthin', next to the TV screen is five, and, obviously, a clown. Have no idea where the clowning came from. Cartoons maybe. Not from me: I'm unfunny to a serious fault, ha ha ha.


We were married in Cebu the Philippines 11/11/92. Yes, we've been married for 15 years. One day I want to write an essay on the subject of my wife. The process of writing will probably teach me something or other important for my future, like writing a novel.


In other words, being here via blogging has turned out to be a much richer experience than I ever imagined. I appreciate more than I can say the obvious protections offered by AOL (I suppose I should specifically thank our Editor John Scalsi [sp?] for his behind the scenes leadership.)


What's available here is being 'gotten'. I suspect that everyone wants to be 'gotten.' (The absences of judgment must be the key I think, suspect, hope.)


Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 'Baz', your defences have come down! What a BEAUTIFUL family you have, you wife is stunning and your children adorable!
I applaud you Sir, for letting us see you and your wonderfull family.......... Have a great weekend.
Gaz :-)

Anonymous said...

Barry it is so lovely to meet you and your Wife ~ I am so glad Elsa's heart melted and she agreed to let you put pictures in your blog ~  Michael is a handsome young man and Elsa is beautiful such a lovely smile ~ Negotiate with Vincent you never know maybe he will change his mind :o) ~ thankyou for letting us have a peek into your private life ~ Ally
http://journals.aol.co.uk/ally123130585918/Lifewithally

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Why, Barry, you never let on that you were such a handsome devil! I've been buried under a mountain of work and I'm just getting around to check out your latest posts. I had a lovely lunch with Bea today and she told me that you had posted more pictures, so naturally I had to come and see for myself. Your family is truly lovely; your children are adorable and your wife is a beautiful lady.--Sheria
http://journals.aol.com/aimer/on-my-mind