Friday, February 16, 2007

Marriage

Marriage.  Hmmm, who dare talk of marriage? Knotty subject. Yet,


"Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments; love is not love which bends to the remover to remove, but looks on tempests and is never shaken. It is the star to every wandering bark........", ...... oh dear, I can't remember Shakespeare's sonnet after all. I thought I'd have it forever.  I've looked it up; hard to post it here because to keep the individual lines intact I'd have to leave a huge space between lines.


Romance and poetry go together because both are ethereal.......or can handle that which is spiritual, etc.....


Main Entry: ethe·re·al

Function: adjective
Pronunciation: i-'thir-e-&l
1 a : of or relating to the regions beyond the earth b : CELESTIAL , HEAVENLY c : UNWORLDLY , SPIRITUAL
2 a : lacking material substance : IMMATERIAL , INTANGIBLE b : marked by unusual delicacy or refinement <this smallest, most ethereal, and daintiest of birds -- William Beebe>


We don't think that way anymore do we?  Or do we, secretly? In ten years Online, mostly on writer's message boards, I've yet to see anyone talk about marriage, nor have I read anything on the subject entered in anyone's Online journal. I've been hammered and jerked around continually for having what the disgusting writer insists is my Philippine, purchased bride. Of course that male  'writer' is gay, and as far as I know has no bride male or female. He must 'hug' himself, ha ha ha ha.....groan....


In watching  my finches interact with each other I think they love each other as much or more than any human couple I've observed.


This subject is too hard. I'll maybe return to it on another day. Pity. I'm not tough minded enough, at least not today...


Four eggs survived okay and are continually sat upon by one or the other, or as at night, by both. I'm not positive but when I try to softly whistle the male seems either angry or happy that I'm paying attention to him. My goal is to make both feel relaxed and 'at home.'


At the latest doctor visit all was found AOK; next, and maybe last before delivery, is Feb. 26. Position is excellent. Movement incredibly reassuring, and our other children full of plans to take up their roles in our future, even busier household.


Barry




 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your wife is doing well. In a couple of weeks, you will be telling us the good news... or you won't have time to come to the computer and tell us! Romance and poetry do go together, but I'm not very graceful at writing the poems. Perhaps online journalers don't write much about marriage because it is a personal subject, a sensitive area... for me it is. I just don't feel comfortable speaking about my husband, or our relationship in any manner. There is a sacred quality to the marriage. I feel like I'd be betraying him in a way if I wrote about him/us. Marriage in general, I suppose, I could write about, but I don't want to sound like an expert. Although, one would think that after doing something for 35 years, one could boast being an expert. I'm only an expert in my marriage, in my relationship, not anyone else's. I'd rather talk about my work than my marriage. Or my discoveries, my experiences growing up... my perceptions, my feelings... not his. Our marriage is like a cabin in the woods. Smoke quietly, steadily rises from the chimney. The fire still burns <grin>. bea

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hummm..you never explained  why finches love each other more than humans!
hugs,nat