Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My Dentist

My dentist, a woman, was born in, and trained to be a dentist in Soviet Russia. She is Jewish. Her assistants are usually hispanic. I was born in Fresno, California, but spent part of my childhood in Australia. I've gone to my Russian Dentist for 20 years. The building in which she has her practice is apparently owned by Asian Americans. There is a nails and hair care emporium on the other side of the hall where all the technicians are Asian American.


Every once in a while I mention a Russian name, a Russian novel, ballerina, chess Grandmaster, politician or movie director.  After watching Pliezitskia (sp?) dance on TV via Classic Arts Showcase I raved about her to my dentist. She regretted never have seen her live.  In other words she's seen and read most of what I've seen and read. Russians and Americans actually get along splendidly, or woulda/coulda if it hadn't been for ugly politics. Did you know Billy Graham spoke in public in Soviet (communist) Russia? San Francisco's est Training was given in Russia.


 ______________________________


A male UK blogger has given me a lecture, by indirection, for the sin of definitely not finding him cute. What he may never, ever discover is that total and complete self absorption is the ultimate hell.


 __________________


So, let this slide by, that's okay by me, but I just had to vent.


 


Barry


 


 


   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Barry my Dentist is Dutch and I can't understand a word he says ~ but he smiles all the time which can be reassuring when he has that dreaded drill in this hand ~ Ally x