Saturday, January 27, 2007

Group Therapy

In the interest of the benefits of group therapy I plan to leave the hideous complaining accusative belittling Comment from an agitated mother left on the previous Entry. She reminds me of a ewe with a lamb, a 'mother' who approaches a dog, or a human, and vigourously stamps her foot. Sort of sweet in a way. Probably at her wits end. Children, oh dear oh dear.


        ____________


We went to have yet another ultrasound divination of my wife's ENORMOUS middle. Due date is officially March 7, but that's hard to imagine. While chatting about what was on the screen Dr. Diego (still in her 20's !!) opined that such and such was Mark's (Mark Andrew will be the name and Lord help whoever says Marc Anthony, ha ha) hands. Quick as a rabbit Michael, age four, pipes up with, "No, no that's his feet!"  Being a scientist and minimally competitive the good lovable Doctor said, "You're right!" Michael was in Heaven. Everybody wants to be right some of the time.


With great fear and trembling we wait for the Blessed day.


Barry


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry not long to go now before you become a father again ~ Hope everything goes well ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Wow....the big day is right around the corner!!

Anonymous said...

March 7th... can't wait until little Mark gets here. You'll have a four year old and an infant... what joys and moments of delight you will have, seeing new life through the eyes of young Michael. Will you be posting a photo of your family soon after? I hope so. Would love to put a face(s) to this journal. I can only imagine, and I'm okay with that, but always, I love it when I get to see the face of the ones I write to.

I fall in love with voices. I remember the first time I heard the singer Bono of U2, it was in the early 80's. The song was With or Without You. We did not have any kind of cable stations, so I had not seen any MTV videos of his band. I had no idea what he looked like, what his band looked like. I only knew what his voice sounded like, what their music sounded like. I didn't own any of their albums, tapes, or CD's... we were budgeting finances heavily. I had not seen any magazine photos of him either. And so whenever his voice came over the radio, I'd have this image of what I thought he looked like. When I finally saw him for the first time in a picture, I was surprised... I had not imagined such a young, rebellious visage. Now, I can't even remember what I thought he looked like, but I know it wasn't what he really looked like. Once I saw him, I fell in love with his face as well...and his music, his passion, his life.

I think matching a person's writing voice is equally a curious thing. I do wonder what my J-land friends look like. Some have posted pictures, others not. I respect your need for privacy. Still, I would love to meet your family one day.  bea

http://journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/
http://www.aimpages.com/bgilmore725/profile.html

Anonymous said...

Came by to repay the visit.  And I see you are expecting!  Wonderful!!!  Glad the baby has a big brother as bright as Michael to show them the way.  -  Barbara