Sunday, May 21, 2006

Formats Against Ideas

Blogs blogs blogs I wonder if this format will sit


still long enough for me to form an idea or two in


plain English. This is just typing to see if it will


work.  


 


Well, if I make the lines double spaced and


short I can be read without much bother on


the part of the reader. 



In addition to banning me from the privilege


of reading his journal Jimmy sheets has perhaps


screwed up my blog in retaliation for being


critical of his childishness. Jimmy, the number


of people who respond to my journal is of no


serious importance to me. I'm self-sustaining:


try it, wimp!


 


I'm currently wrestling with My college, which


was affiliated with a nearby Women's college,


"Anniversary Report." That is, both colleges


are represented. The book might weigh between


5 & 10 lbs!  It weights at least twice as much as


the hard cover copy of the heaviest Harry Potter


books, Phoenix, order of.   Ooooo, skimming


through the Radcliffe section I came upon a


longish essay which included a summary of her


thoughts about homosexuality then and now.


How fascinating that a woman would bring it up,


when I bet not one single male would dare. One


classmate, gay, male, a friend, died of AIDS.


There are others. Since graduation the two


colleges have merged, and taken the name of the


oldest. Since then - and this fascinates me - there


occurred in one of the living quarters a student


double murder: both were female! The second to


die hung herself from the shower. Incredibly


ironic given that the motive for the merger was


aimed, in my opinion, primarily to curb male


homesexuality. Humanity will not be regulated.


 


Forget what I was going to speak about. No


matter. I fear boxoffice for Da Vinci is going well.


Well, comics always do better that serious stuff.


I'll never forgive Ron Howard and Tom Hanks.


The whole family will go next weekend. I know


I'll fall asleep. I have to reread the book standing


up.  


 


That's all folks!


Barry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a fact of life that men never address homosexuality and women talk openly about it,sad indeed,but if men talked more,we as women would understand them so much better,to quote myself...ahem... a talkative man is thinking of doing something,a silent man has already done it.xxzoexx.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

There's wisdom in them thar words,
Zoe. The woman I'm referring to, her
excellent essay in our "Anniversary
Report" is retired after teaching American
Literature (oh sure, there is some) for
thirty years at Rutgers University.

Barry