Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Intermission

I've suffered a failure of nerve. I'll get back to my topic of influences that can shape our sex lives, that oh so important part of our lives - unless of course we're sworn to celibacy - after I've succeeded in shutting out the noise in reaction from message boards.


Every day that goes by without my having written an entry, when I've therefore not kept my word with myself, I feel a shudder of revulsion. Now I must not blame anyone, just keep my word, something that's imperative for happiness, I am so completely convinced.


Maybe with this new circumstance, a series of entries on the same subject, I can profitably repeat something I posted here before. Twenty years ago (huh? so long?) I took a seminar, under the auspicies of the est Training, called About Sex. It was a popular offering. But you know what? It was not as popular as About Money. Ha ha ha ha.  Only in America, ha! I made an attempt at a joke here on this journal that I wasn't suprised that About Money was so enormously popular back then in Santa Barbara. Werner Erhard & Associates kept voluminous statistics. That organization, as mentioned before, still exists, but under new management called Landmark Education. Instead of being called The est Training, it's now called The Forum.


Here's an example of a clever piece of theatrics employed in the seminar, About Sex. We were shown full length photos in rapid succession flashed on a screen, of naked women, and separately men, of every age, type, race, weight, height and demeanor. Not just hundreds of shots, some filmed, some photos, but tens of thousands. The overload gave one the notion that sex isn't only about bodies. In fact, it's not really about bodies at all. A benefit: if my wife mentions being overweight I say, without having at all to lie, I like that. If she thinks she's too thin I say, and mean it, that I like that. Everyone knows, don't they? the brain is where it's at. Not that bodies aren't magical, they are.


If I were to mount a seminar on the subject of sex I think I might include for viewing the French, Oscar Nominated Documentary Winged Migration. Although birds migrate for food, they also migrate for reproduction. The love portrayed among the birds is enthralling to observe. I can easily imagine that the new documentary solely about Penguins is equally moving. If birds can do it with love, how come people have so much trouble?


Barry


 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If birds can do it with love, how come people have so much trouble?

Barry

The thing with animals and humans and the part about love, is just a different opinion between humans and animals.
You see Barry; Animals do it out of instinct. We humans have lost that instinct shortly after the evolving from the stone age, LOL!
We started to analize our relationships, we started to look for more than just instinct and that is when the trouble started.
Animals are satisfied with what they get, we humans are never satisfied with what we have.
 That is why we have all the trouble on the double. Unlike the forums which try to make us see things in a different light and spectrum, animals just go get it done and don't fuss with what they have.

Dog to Lion; Hey King, whats up with all the bitches in my neiborhood? they started to talk that we're no good enough for them any more. We dogs have needs that need to be filled. But if them bitches act like that we might have to go to the felines!
Lion to dog; Well bubba, its like that, them bitches are all talk. You got to let them have their fun, meanwhile, you act like they ain't got shit on you. You just don't let them know about your needs. See, the way I do it, makes my girls work for me and I lay just here and be king. No worries mate.
Dog to Lion; you're right king, I forgot how good it is to be the man of the doghouse. I won't worry, I'll just let them talk.

And so the animal kingdom accepted the bitches talk as just that, nothing but talk!

In the human world of course, this kind of action would of been brought on by a law suit, with the supreme court at its best to keep the women happy and the man working hard for what they want.

Love is what love gives my friend.
BEA

Anonymous said...

Perhaps what you said, all of which I couldn't
quarrel with at all, can be summarized by saying
humans oughtta get on with it and stop ceaselessly
complaining.

But to play Devil's advocate, supposing we are intended
by God to evolve even more? Maybe to achieve that
advance we have to suffer the discomfort of endless self-
examination, especially to deal with those forces in us
which war with one another. I've thought of listing, as a
reminder, all the various forms of sex crimes just to remind
us that humanity has a simply dreadful rap sheet.

Nevertheless, your outlook is wholesome, generous, accurate,
and admirable.

Thanks as always Bea!

Barry

Anonymous said...

Perhaps what you said, all of which I couldn't
quarrel with at all, can be summarized by saying
humans oughtta get on with it and stop ceaselessly
complaining.

You understood exactly what I was saying with my analogy, Barry.
We definatly complain to much. We want the other side, we want what we can't have, and we get it it is never enough.
But that is to be expected of humans.
That is what makes us, us.

Good job on seeing what I saw,

Your friend BEA