Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Big Brother is Watching???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

An AOL Member I know from the Poetry message boards has had a reply to my current AOL Journal taken down. To say that I am upset would be to grossly understate the case. I'm in a fury that will not stop until I get satisfaction.


1. Why didn't AOL tell me that it was taken down? And tell me the reasons it was taken down?


2. Is this revenge for my thinking, so far unexpressed, that AOL Journal's Editor is mind-numbingly childish? In fact, his obtuseness I take as a personal affront.


3. Where, where exactly, can I find in writing AOL's policy regarding AOL Journal Comments and their content? Do you mean to tell me, AOL, you allow uneducated Monitors to make it up as they go along, and to censor whatever they personally object to?!?!  I think, AOL, that is called a whole slew of ugly names.


Barry


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They removed it without your permission???? That's just a little crazy!

Anonymous said...

The inexplicable, and denied having been taken
down of the comment, has put a temporary (?)
chill on my desire to post anything on my journal.
AOL seems schizophrenic: on message boards
my wife is called a prostitute, legal papers from
Wisconsin (where I have never lived) are posted
solely because there is someone in Wisconsin
named Barry Bartle (There are eleven such names in
US court papers causing me to be certain to use
my middle initial in future) I am called a string of
adjectives I won't repeat, and for purposes of
mockery and ridicule my children's names are used
as screen names, and I am accused of molestng my
own children by AOL Member Bile Stew, yet AOL does
absolutely nothing. Could Bile Stew be a high ranking
staff member of America Online? having his/her fun?

The friend whose comment was taken down has
told me the content of her comment. It was adult, but
not prurient. The message board personal attacks only
partially summarized above are not exusable on any
grounds what-so-ever. In fact, they are libelous.
So, I can't help wondering why AOL is behaving so reckelssly.

Thanks for your comment.

Barry