Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas

Christmas has, this year, been openly mocked for the first time I've been aware of in my entire life. Feels very strange. I wonder if the pleasure in that is confined just to message boards ostensibly provided for all manner of writers, fiction, nonfiction and poetry. It's a Wonderful Life, 3 hours, no doubt because loaded up with commercials on NBC.  Sentiment is out this year. Walt Kelly's website with a song mocking Christmas disgusts me. Pogo is monumentally unfunny. I don't like living in the USA right now.       


BBartle3 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...yes.....Christmas is sad. Filled with commercials. This past Christmas, I decided to "skip it"...refused to go to wal-mart, or turn on the t.v.-but found that you can not HIDE from it. I work on a psychiatric Unit....and for some of my patients, the depression that follows another dissapointing Christmas is more than they can handle.....Most are so fortunate-we just keep moveing right along, christmas after christmas...........................................all my love, kristlebleu..............