Thursday, October 18, 2007

My son the singer, cont.

My seven month old son Mark
fights off sleep by making himself look
like a plough (aka plow?) with
butt in the air, head in the ground,
then screaming in a desperately
accusatory fashion as if it's all my fault.
He sleeps best in the car. The movement
is some kind of atavistic connection
to being inside Mother? He sleeps a
lot however. In the car he sings along
with Beethoven. Honest!  He had another
breakthrough in that, he finally got himself
to sing along in the Chorale section at the end,
proving how important is sleep, blessed sleep.


Barry
http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barry I can remember taking Lyn out in the car when all else failed to get her to go to sleep ~ Mark sounds like he is keeping you busy glad he enjoys the ride in the car ~ he sounds like a happy little boy who enjoys his singing :o) ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you have a budding singer in your midst. I recall when my nephew was an infant, he too was lulled to sleep by a car ride.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

uh uh my son sings either the theme to spiderman,aka the old series from the sixties,or rebel yell by billy idol,a classic i feel,but then i like to think im diverse,hes just bonkers,mwahhs zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/