Saturday, January 1, 2005

Flirtation

"....there's no sun up in the sky, stormy weather..."


My mother was very flirtatious. When I was ten she told me that if a soldier whistled at her in the street she whistled back. Do you figure sons of flirtatious mothers are automatically flirtatious? Well anyway I am. Sometimes I do my W.C. Fields immitation, "Live around here...?" done with an innocent sounding drawl. It's quite surprising how many women of all ages are ready to flirt, given an opening. So what is flirtation? Sin? Practice? A cheap boost to one's self-esteem? Often it might simply be a way of showing, and experiencing, that 'I am not my present predicament, nor my present circumstances even; I am not shackled to any one form of drudgery, that part of me will always fly free, unburdened, creative and even prepared to own happiness.' And all done with not an iota of infidelity. "Dancing in the dark..."


Barry 

No comments: