Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas

You know how I know it is Christmas? I mean really Christmas? A street-vending truck driver who peddles candy, icecream and other 'comfort food' came to the downstairs door asking where the children were, children who'd purchased $1 of something or other, blue stuff that discolored their teeth and lips and face. They had not waited for their $4 of change. What makes this display of integrity so outstanding is that I was a tad sharp with him partly because my Spanish is poor, and didn't understand what he wanted! He persisted!


Gotta get that hombre a present pronto!


Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/





 


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

"Were the kids he was looking for yours?" - bea

Yes, they were. Theoretically I shouldn't have
allowed them to go to the sidewalk in the
first place. In the suburban world in which
I grew up, Manly, across the harbor from
'downtown' Sydney, Aust., children, believe it or not,
were regarded as quite safe, anywhere, anytime.

Barry