Saturday, November 17, 2007

Okay then, cats it is.....

The vehicle parked next to mine in the garage has on the dashboard a small, but lifesized, and lifelike, children's (?) ginger kitten looking almost full grown. The other day a fully grown older and wild cat, female, was lying next to the 'kitten' but outside in the cruel world. I could hardly believe my eyes and for some minute or so thought the inside kitten was real. 'How cute' I thought.


I know that 'Mother' cat and have smooth-talked her to be more tame. Nothing doing, not really, she's a cat that has given up on humans and loves the dumptster instead: the food there being more reliable and certainly more sumptuous. She lies on the hood in order to keep warm at night. The engine coolant stays warm for hours I guess, in spite of the fan that runs even after the engine has been turned off.


I can only assume the mother cat was pretending just as the owner-child of the inside ginger toy pretents the stuffed animal is real. Let me jump ahead: I think domestic cats, whether inside or permanently 'out' have evolved to stay connected to the races of people who in various ways bred them. Even the wildest of domestic cats will, almost involunteerily, respond to 'Kitty kitty kitty' even from anti-sentimentalists such as I am. They evolved with us, and can't forget us....ha ha ha ha ha...I like cats. But think giving them diamond collars is a bit much.


Barry


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

 That would have made a great photo.  I can just picture it

              Julie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I agree that this was a great photo opportunity. I am fascinated by cats and prefer them to dogs. Unfortunately, my dear sister has an extreme cat phobia to the extent that if there is a neighborhood cat resting in my yard when she comes to visit, she calls me from her car to come outside and shoo away the cat, before she will get out her car to come in the house. Alas, as I like her even better than cats, I've elected not to have a pet cat.--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I like cats but I couldnt eat a whole one Im afraid lol,just popping in to say hi mwahh zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/domestic-chaos/