Friday, November 16, 2007

History and White Women.

When I pick up my two 'middle' boys Patrick and Michael, three African American parents, two women and one man, a husband/parent of one of the former, merrily chat with me while we wait. Yet, not one single Hispanic parent, of hundreds if not thousands, will even look my way, let alone converse with me. Spooky.


That fact seemed worth establishing as in my experience, before I comment on the comedy of Obama and Hillary (aka Hillary and Obama). I swear Obama, Lawyer, US Senator from Ohio, Harvard Review (law school) chief for a period, is terrified of getting caught, him a Black man, peering at the probable place of the white woman's cleavage. Remember? Cleavage really and truly re Hillary, did come up as a subject along with photo proof on TV. (Nice btw; hey, I always look; I look at everything, even if nothing is showing.)


Main Entry: cleav·age
Function: noun
Pronunciation: 'kle-vij
1 a : the quality of a crystallized substance or rock of splitting along definite planes ; also : the occurrence of such splitting b : a fragment (as of a diamond) obtained by splitting
2 : the action of cleaving : the state of being cleft
3 : the series of synchronized mitotic cell divisions of the fertilized egg that results in the formation of the blastomeres and changes the single-celled zygote into a multicellular embryo ; also : one of these cell divisions
4 : the splitting of a molecule into simpler molecules
5 : the depression between a woman's breasts especially when made visible by the wearing of a low-cut dress


(Gee, billing here seems a bit off: "Cleavage" needs a stronger agent or lawyer)


So, it was truly giggle time whenever Obama tried not to actually look at his political nemesis Hillary Clinton, Sen. (D) New York.  She even had the Chutzpah to say she came that night wearing her flame proof pants suit!  Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Love that woman. 


Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/



 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting topic, Barry. I think men are not even aware that they are looking at a woman's bosom ... I've seen men of all ages in the act of looking up and down, up and down, more down than up... as I am standing in front of them... it doesn't matter that I'm 54 and no longer the young attractive available young woman I was 30 years ago. It still happens. So, I think it's something they do without even thinking. Even when the cleavage is fully covered, men's eyes glance to the bosom several times during a conversation. I wonder if the psychologists have done a study on this, asking the questions "Can men control how they look at a woman? At what age does staring cease?" My experience: I don't know when it starts, but possibly it stops when they die. ... As far as when it starts, a nursing baby will do more than look, but they don't count...for them it is associated with feeding time. I'm guessing puberty or thereafter is the beginning time. I used to be offended, when I was married and a young mother, ... I thought it was very rude, for many years thought so... until I concluded they have no control over it, that it is a male "sex thing" ... and I may be wrong about that, but how else do I explain it to myself without real scientific fact? I have pointed this out to several male friends over the years (in somewhat animated converstation) that they do this, and they laughed, saying it wasn't true, they don't stare at all bosoms. My female friends say all men do it all the time no matter what we wear. Again, we all laughed about this informal observation. (continued in above comment)... bea

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh!!! I forgot... it's the age thing... they don't look your way because of your age difference! I had a moment of forgetfulness... I guess you have learned to deal with it, though, a hazard of societal conditioning. bea

Anonymous said...

I think that Bea has hit upon it; men stare at women's chests because that's what men do. I think that it's probably heterosexual men who are enticed by the sight of the female bosom but I wonder if even gay men may have a certain attraction to observing the female bosom because it subconsciously reminds them of the nurturing comfort given by their mothers in infancy. Of course, I think that you were getting at another angle to all of this with your observations about Obama and Clinton. Given the historical context of the punishment of black men and boys (Emmet Till was 14) for daring to look at or being suspected of looking at a white woman in any way that could be construed as sexual, is it any wonder that not only Obama, but most black men in positions of prominence do all that is possible to avoid any hint of impropriety?  Certainly in the 21st century there is not the blatant racisim that allowed for beatings and lynchings for perceived transgressions but there still lingers the underlying image of the black man as a sexual predator with his sights set on the flower of white womanhood.--Sheria