Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Rambling Thoughts

Can you imagine? a bank robbery is in progress (what progress? scooping up the money?) in Chicago. Oh, oh the lore of the Prairee.


Perhaps because I'm in an inter-racial marriage I've blogged on the subject of race quite a few times. Waiting for the birth of a baby, as I hope you can grant, is a mite more suspenseful than ordinarily. Mother and father have played the game - which ancester's physiognomy do you pray does not show up in the 'Expected' (March 7th? '07)?  What facial features, color hair etc.? Healthy is my sole prayer. The mother wants all kinds of things I consider irrelevant. I do love black hair on a woman, so if the baby is a girl I'll have it made 'cause, I think, black hair is a dominant gene. Hybrid vigor is on our side, too.


Here's what's happening in Los Angeles. Racial pride is on the March. At the laundromat the other day I watched a tall, oh so tall maybe 6'3" Black woman with a perfect figure. So far so ordinary; but what really wowed me was that she had perfect posture, and lyrical movement, so might have been a dancer. An old guy can get away with murder so on the strength of a 'Hi there' or two, when I was leaving, I said to her, "have a great life." "Thankyou," she said looking down on my 6'0" shortness, with a smile. I've confessed this 'infidelity,' ha ha ha, to my wife who is supremely self-confident. (Sweet tempered Filipina.)


More news as it happens: A shooting at a Montreal College.


The world is nuts, so by comparison my life is perfect. Hope yours is too.


I have a photo before me, a snapshot I took of son Vincent riding a horse in Griffith Park, in LA. The lighting was lucky so I'd like to post it here; I'll give it a whirl, if, it can be added later. I have to wait for Vincent, age, 11, to help me. Well! I had him for a reason: assistance. What other reason have people had babies, huh? Gar 'head, tell me. Next month we'll take the boat to Catalina Island, about 20miles offshore. It's been swum; I'd like to try it. Be the oldest, maybe. Might be too expensive, what with boat following etc. So, the ferry might have to suffice. Not sure, but I think Vincent and I could take our bikes. I know biking on the Island is popular. A whole day of clean, non-city air!


My "ramble" is at an end. Hope nothing rubbed you the wrong way. That was not my intent.


Barry  http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interracial marriages.....old men birthin' babies........what IS this world coming to?............I have definitely been rubbed..............LOL!

;)
http://journals.aol.com/ladeeoftheworld/PossumsPrepareforBattle

Anonymous said...

Barry I just hope baby is born Healthy ~ whatever it's features may be her Mum and Dad will love her/him  ~ I agree I think this world is going nuts with shootings ~ Robberies and everything else going on at the moment ~ let's hope it gets better ~  I am glad in comparison your life is perfect ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

congrats on your impending and shame on you for even looking in the direction of another woman,tut tut my good man lol,whatever sex or colour or whatever,that baby is going to be beautiful,all the best xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/