Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Female Brain

For years now, decades, the impact of the zenith of the feminist movement which in America I think was around 1989 (when, against my will my marriage number two collapsed, just as against my will as my first marriage ten years earlier) I've been guilty feeling and acting in the certitude that men and women were different. Now, finally I've stumbled upon recent wisdom, this time from Science.


It's Sunday. I'm reading the Sunday paper Book Section. This will be a Red Letter day in my life. 


From THE FEMALE BRAIN , by Louann Brizendine, M. D. Morgan Road Books: 280pp:


"There are still those who believe that for women to become equal, unisex must be the norm. The biological reality however, is that there is no unisex brain. The fear of discrimination based on difference runs deep, and for many years assumptions about sex differences went scientifically unexamined for fear that women wouldn't be able to claim equality with men."


Break out the champaign! Uncork the wine! Musicians, give us your sweetest music made in the name of Mother!


Oh what a relief it is!


I'm too giddy with happiness to continue this, for now. The ramifications will be enormous.


Barry


 


 


 


 


 


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true.  Male and female brains are very different.  I'm an extremely viual person.  While the female brain retains it's crisp, sharp, pristine quality throughout our lives, I picture the male brain sluggishly sloshing about, in a pool of warm testerone, in  it's enclosed environment, occasionally bumping against the walls of a half empty skull.  

Geez Barry.........I'm kidding!  A little..............

Anonymous said...

Lol...I can't do anything but laugh..LMAO!!

Stevie
:-)

Anonymous said...

Barry did you also note that the female brain is far superior to the male brain ~ while we can accomplish three tasks simultaneously the male brain has difficulty dealing with one task at one time ~ We just let you think you are superior so you toddle off to work to keep us in the luxury we have become accustomed to ~ But of course we still love you ~ lol ~ Pass me over a glass of that champaign "Cheers" ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

What number marriage are you on now, if any?

penny

Anonymous said...

My third marriage, which took
place in Cebu, the Philippines
in 1992, in Church, and as required,
in judges chamber. In this marriage
we are expecting our fourth child.
Excitement reigns. Thanks for asking.

Barry

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt dream of claiming equality with men,I cannot walk on my hands it hurts my back lol,bless your retortion at this hun,xxzoexx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Gee Zoe, such modesty.
Ally tells me women are
better than men, or at least
their brains are, she says,
and you are all modesty.
English women are marvels
of contradiction, I 'spose.
Ha ha ha ha ha.....

Barry