Monday, December 26, 2005

Decorations Seasonal

(excerpt from my email)


There have been numerous times I've wanted to chat with you in response to one or another of your writings but sloth overtook me, I guess. Or, the little nasty voice that mutters, 'She doesn't care what you think.'  Ha ha ha ha.


I sort of miss a few of the absentees who've fled to Blogspot whatever. How could they, some of them, have been so chatty and personable, and now they're 'The Disappeared'? I feel quite cynical about it, almost to the point of going into attack mode. I'll try to restrain myself.


Happy New Year! There's a most odd, rich-looking two-storey home in Hancock Park, LA (Near the La Brea tar pits) that has the number(s) 2006 seven feet high on the lawn, beside which is a Black couple in a reindeer-drawn sled dressed as Santa. The place is all white 'snow' and 'ice.' All the lights are white. On the roof are three giant letters F  M  P and in small writing within the border of each letter are words spelling out
                      


                             FEED      MY    PEOPLE     


In daylight the rest of the year the only decorations are twelve, lifesize, statues (reproductions) of Michaelangelo's David, nude, spaced along and around the driveway. Some of those figures, today and for weeks, are, have been, wearing Santa hats. (Could it be the home of Larry Flynt?  ( Ha ha ha ha ha)


Barry


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not have a journal, just have the enjoyment of reading others thoughts and comments.

I, like you, often wonder what happened to
"The Disappeared" ones. So much talent. Such interesting folk, I did think. But like pouty, snarly children they are gone. I often wonder if they realize those behind think of them, or if, just getting their own way, whatever that was, was worth it?

Do they have new friends? Or just an unsuspecting new audience that that is disposable as a Pamper?

The Human Race is truly amazing. And the Blog World or J-land, or whatever, is definitely not for those who have trust issues!

I read some enteries where one would pour one's heart out. Wonder what the"Mad Migration" did to them?

Perhaps I do not understand what journalling and commenting is all about. But I do know for sure, for once in my risk taking life, I sat back, observed, enjoyed, and kept to myself.

Cynical? You?
Try appropriately disgrunteled. Or sadly vindicated.
People!!!

Anonymous said...

>I, like you, often wonder what happened to
"The Disappeared" ones. So much talent. Such interesting folk, I did think. But like pouty, snarly children they are gone. I often wonder if they realize those behind think of them, or if, just getting their own way, whatever that was, was worth it?

From: katerh99

I'll take a stab at that. One of 'The Disappeared'
with whom I've had some previousinterchange,
Posted once, and then went on "hiatas," 'illness in the
family.' I suspect the truth is she was embarrassed
at what she'd done, and for the time being too
proud to admit she made a mistake to abandon
those she'd won over as regular readers, bloggers
who for their own reasons didn't want to move or follow.

Barry