Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Preamble 2

Before I continue with my 'threat' to talk about sex and the sex act caution warns me to put what I'm going to say even further into a context. That is, my intent is always to have as context sex in marriage for the purpose of procreation, or later to celebrate the children that have already arrived. That doesn't mean sex can't be a heck of a lot of fun, to say nothing of thrilling, exhilarating, astounding, bonding, and even transformational.


As I go along I'll probably blurt out things better left silent, but I'm not going to worry too much about that because I'll admit up front that in my life I've been bad, even wicked. Perhaps it's having recovered from irresponsibility that motivates me to write about this subject. I notice, btw, that nobody from AOL Journals has shown up at my door with a warning or suggestion on what to say and what to not say.


It's inherently invasive, I fear, to talk about something as private as the sex act(s) in a public place; sex is obviously experienced differently by different people, and even more differently by people at various times in their life, and with various partners. I want to share my gratitude (to the Creator) for sex, by extolling the benefits and comfort bestowed by sex. I couldn't even dream of offering instruction. There are a zillion books on the subject good for that.


When I was seventeen, living alone in San Francisco, living behind an 11 storey apartment building at 947 Green Street (an address which looked down on Alcatraz in the Bay) in what had been intended as servants quarters, I attended Lowell High School, which at that time was on Hayes Street, but since then has been rebuilt at another address.


One of the books I took out of the school library was the first sex study book written by Kinsey. The librarian at Lowell told me on the phone the other day that the book was out of print, and was no longer in the library. I asked her if she'd give it out to a student these days. Yes, she said, and said with emphasis. The cheap, vulgar movie made about Kinsey released not long ago obscures the good that book contributed to the world. I read the book avidly. I needed to know, I was lonely. I needed the book. It made me laugh and laugh, and made me feel a whole lot better about myself. It caused me to relax, that's what it did, relax and not worry too much: made me certain that in good time sex would eventually become a part of my life.


Gotta run right now. Talk to you later.


Barry


 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the books I took out of the school library was the first sex study book written by Kinsey.I asked her if she'd give it out to a student these days. Yes, she said, and with emphasis. The cheap, vulgar movie made about Kinsey released not long ago obscures the good that book contributed to the world. I read the book avidly. I needed to know, I was lonely.It caused me to relax, that's what it did, relax and not worry too much; made me certain that in good time sex would eventually become a part of my life.
Barry

I too took out many books on that subject of sex. Not just as a teen, but also later in life.
Somehow one has to gain knowledge about the subject.
I learned plenty from school educators about this subject in a classroom setting, I aslo learned from the street and from home.
But the best knowledge about sex was after the fact of being married.
Having a partner that is willing to explore the possiblities of sex with you in a safe inviroment is the best education one can receive.
Honostly, sex is like a good wine, the older it gets the better it is. JMP>
BEA

Anonymous said...

>But the best knowledge about sex was after the fact of being married. Having a partner that is willing to explore the possiblities of sex with you in a safe environment is the best education one can receive.

Bea

That has been 100% true for me too, Bea. So, that's
what I'll talk about, and buttress my points by taking
a deep breath and 'telling one on myself' from when I
was not married.

Thanks for your wisdom and insight and encouragement.

Barry  

Anonymous said...

I write, to quote another writer, "to keep my head from exploding." Maybe it's time now, Barry, to scrap your intro—maybe even consider a name change—and start a new chapter.

Truthfully, I didn't even want to think about this. But since you've brought it to the table, we may as well talk. Call me dumb. Shall I order more coffee?

Stacee Lynn

P.S. Please note: This restaurant closes from time to time. Life MUST exist in a real world somewhere...  

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna let the chips fall where they may.
With all due respect, of course. I mean I
couldn't possibly have walked more quietly,
except perhaps if I'd gone tippy toe.

Barry


http://journals.aol.com/bbartle3/Vengeance/

Anonymous said...

I find it strange that you provide a cautionary statement...this doesn't seem to be your style. I am curious where you are going...and am way too impatient to wait...so write away...we'll fuss at you later!