Friday, June 24, 2005

Writing

Missing the obvious, what's been right in front of my eyes, I failed to realize that after having read a zillion message board posts and quite a few journal entries from hundreds and hundreds of writers of messages and journal entries, one has the choice of remembering a wide range of written styles of expression, and borrowing from those styles, adding them to one's oeuvre.  In the past, I just realized, most of my attention has been merely on whether or not I agreed with the message or entry. Agreement can be too highly regarded. When someone gushes, 'Oh, I agree, I do, I agree with you absolutely,' I instinctively pat my pockets to make sure nothing is missing.


One style I wish to master is the cool, funny, brief retort that seems all in agreement, but somewhere in there there's a kicker, a fiery little cracker that explodes in your face so harmlessly you feel both complimented and made to think of other things as well. No, I can't give an example. I just remember the feeling that my writing was real 'country' by comparison. Words, I suppose, are more powerful than I give them credit for. 


It's fun, and a privilege to have a journal.


Barry


 


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have commented on several jounals but somewhow they seem to go astray.  I enjoy reading them     I have a  journal too it, too, seems lost in cyberspce If you get this, notethat I AM reading your entries.  

Anonymous said...

Thanks Wanda! I too have trouble
getting around to other people's
Journal. There's too much junk, too many
files I think, on my computer. I'm gonna
start dumping old stuff to make room.

Barry

Anonymous said...

"One style I wish to master is the cool, funny, brief retort that seems all in agreement, but somewhere in there there's a kicker, a fiery little cracker that explodes in your face so harmlessly you feel both complimented and made to think of other things as well."

Just be yourself.

A Reader