Friday, June 3, 2005

Dinner Out

Last night we ate out. Not just fast food, but slow food, in a restaurant with colored fabric table napkins. Not particularly fancy or expensive, a Philippine restaurant where the food is a product of influences Philippine, Spanish, Chinese and American. We were the only family, three kids, the youngest unruly and changed his seat at the large table four or five times. He didn't spill anything so that was good. I think it'll be okay to go back there again. To be certain I tipped a tad large.


It's been so long since I actually 'dined' I noticed I kept taking my elbows off the table, remembering that isn't Kosher. I wanted to ask for paper napkins. The only concession to economic reality made by the fine restaurant, was wide, white paper from a huge roll (I figure) covering the splendid linen tablecloth. Even so we didn't spill much. The food came on sticks, in bowls, and on a plate. Some other came in hot saucepans, with odd, almost vertical, connical holders. We took some of it home. Tasted grand and I slept like a log last night. But I wanna go back there, this time with a camera. The place was beautiful, and you could pick your table depending on how much light you favored. I was so proud of my wife. Smooth, gracious, practical, calm with the children, funny, and over-generous piling things on my plate. I loved it!


Barry

No comments: