Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving Reunion

My daughter, one of four, long lost to me, came to Thanksgiving Dinner, such as it was, and blew us all away with her tact, grace, humility, beauty, brains, wit, and sense of humor. 


Her half-brother who's nearly four went giddy with delight doing pratfalls, using bad language, and genuinely making a big pest of himself  but didn't annoy my daughter one bit; she seems to understand children perfectly even though she's so far childless and unmarried. She's still young however, so somewhere out there dwells a young man, single, who's gonna get a wife to die for. 


I think I have the toys to post photos here now so when I'm in the mood I'll post a photo of us all sitting in a row on the sofa. I hope Michael is pulling one of his funny faces.


Barry  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Barry ... This sounds like one of those truly special times.  You must be so proud of your daughter. She sounds lovely.  I'm happy for you.  Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Hello Barry,

So glad you all had a lovely day together - your son sounds quite the clown.

I wonder if he takes after Daddy!!!

Tilly

Anonymous said...

".....with her tact, grace, humility, beauty, brains, wit, and sense of humor."

Hmm.. I have to believe..SHE is the one that takes after you...Heheheeee! The 4 year old...? Just doing..his 'thing'..How sweet!

Love ya' as always..kristlebleu